As a company spanning over 50 countries around the world, we are witnessing the widespread effect of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are dedicated to minimizing the spread of this global pandemic. As such, the following procedures have been put in place and are effective immediately:
- All business travel has been suspended including meetings, conferences, tradeshows, events, etc. for the immediate future.
- Cancellation/postponement of the following MEDISCA Australia Training Activities:
- Nutraceutical Therapy- An Integrative and Function Approach, scheduled 17-18 April, 2020, in Melbourne: Cancelled until further notice
- Achieving Best Practices - Sterile Compounding, scheduled 24-26 May, 2020, in Sydney: Cancelled until further notice
- The Science of Pharmaceutical Compounding - Non-Sterile Training, scheduled 29-31 May, 2020, in Sydney: Cancelled until further notice
- Nutraceutical Compounding Laboratory Training, scheduled 1 June, 2020, in Sydney: Cancelled until further notice
- Dermatology Compounding Laboratory Training, scheduled 1 June, 2020, in Sydney: Cancelled until further notice
Medisca Australia currently remains available as posted on their site (https://www.medisca.com.au/healthcare-courses). The upcoming Nutraceutical course in April is currently under evaluation and registrants will be notified of any changes.
MEDISCA has swiftly taken action and contacted all participants registered to the cancelled training programs in March and April ensuring a solution has been provided for future enrollments and credits on file extended until December 2020. For any additional information, certainly contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 786 392.
- Outside sales representatives will conduct business from home to provide support for their customers and avoid visiting pharmacies in person.
- Heightened restrictions for visitors to our locations worldwide, relying heavily on teleconferencing to conduct business.
- Enhanced daily professional cleaning of all common areas in MEDISCA facilities
- Providing necessary resources to our team to encourage continuity of work in case of voluntary quarantine.
We recognize that these cancellations and changes will inconvenience many of our customers and we sincerely apologize for the disruption. As we continue to put the health and safety of our team, customers, and pharmacies as our first priority, we ask for your patience and cooperation in working to end this pandemic.
We appreciate you choosing MEDISCA as your compounding partner and would like to honor that relationship by continuing to supply you with high-quality products throughout this crisis. Although some products are in shortage industry-wide, we are working to minimize supply chain issues and would ask that you place orders based on your current needs and typical inventory flow. Please note that some items (like facemasks, 70% IPA) are out of stock or in short supply but inventory is being replenished. We will continue to closely monitor the shortages and keep you informed of any updates.
We would also like to provide your pharmacies with resources and services that may enhance your ability to serve in this time of need. Compounding can offer relief and stability during traditional drug shortages and MEDISCA can help formulate alternative options for all wellness needs, including sanitizing, nutraceutical and medication needs. Please contact MEDISCA Network for ideas as your resource to formulas that could benefit your community and improve the overall health of your patients. Visit our page for available sample formulas to assist you in this time of need https://www.medisca.net/technical-services/tss/shortage-support or call us at 1-866-333-7811 for any additional support.
Product and Packaging Safety
We have received several questions regarding the possibility of the virus spreading via product surfaces or packaging, and would refer you to statements made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO):
“In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very, very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.”
- Dr. Nancy Messonnier, CDC Director for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, 26 February 2020
“The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.”
- WHO Website “Q&A on Coronavirus (COVID-19)”, 9 March 2020